Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Most Recent Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

This week's prompt is my ten most recent reads, and there's some real beauties in here. Click on the covers to read my reviews! 


The Metal Heart by Caroline Lea - A harrowing but beautiful love story set on the Orkney Islands during the Second World War. This one will stay with me for a long time.

Madame Burova by Ruth Hogan - A wonderful story about a tarot card reader on Brighton seafront. A decades old mystery to be solved, leads us back to 'seventies holiday camp culture in its heyday.


The Summer Job by Lizzy Dent - A Bridget Jones-esque rom-com set in the Scottish Highlands. A fun, uplifting read. 

The Split by Laura Kay - A fun, queer rom-com with friendship at its heart, but Malcolm the cat is the real star of the show. 


The Favour by Laura Vaughan - A gap year art history trip gone wrong. Dark twisty and compelling - one for Dark Academia fans!

A Beautiful Spy by Rachel Hore - The sort of true story of a young woman recruited to MI5 in the 1930s to infiltrate the British Communist Party. A really interesting read. 


The Hating Game by Sally Thorne - This has become my ultimate comfort read. My happy place. This was reread number four and I love it (snd Joshua) more each time I read it. 

Death and Croissants by Ian Moore - A fun caper comedy whodunit set in the Loire Valley in France (Review to come on this one!)


The Duke and I by Julia Quinn - I think everyone's read this now right? Different enough to the TV adaptation to be enjoyed in its own right, and I'm so tempted to binge the rest of the series!

The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn - A Bridgerton prequel/spin off and one that's well worth the read. Especially if mysterious 'sumgglers' are your thing. I adored it!


Have you read any of these? Give me a recommendation from your list this week!


Comments

  1. The Split sure sounds like a fun summer read.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-my-ten-most-recent-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, THE METAL HEART sounds intriguing! I love its cover, too.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment