Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl!

This week's prompt is books that I wish I could read again for the first time. We all know that feeling. When you finish a book and you immediately want to turn back to the beginning and start reading it again. Usually because you loved it so much, occasionally because it floored you (no prizes for guessing which of my choices this week fits into that category!)

So without further ado, in no particular order, these are the books I would love to experience for the first time all over again.

The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett - A childhood classic that I only discovered in early adulthood (I'd seen the film of course but never read the book). It was love at first read and I'd love to experience the magic again.

Frenchman's Creek, Daphne Du Maurier - This was my first Du Maurier novel, and it's still my favourite. The writing is just gorgeous and I remember being awestruck by it.

The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger - A modern classic? Saw the film before I read the book with this one and infinitely preferred the book.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - I only read this recently and can't believe it's taken me so long. I adored it and would love to revisit it for the first time again.

Where the Crawdads Sing, Delia Owens - Another recent read that has stolen my heart. I literally could not put it down and was bereft when it ended.

Kit, Marina Fiorato - I don't see this book mentioned much, unless it's old posts with me going on about how brilliant it is! This was a book I looked forward to reading every day.

Red, White & Royal Blue, Casey McQuiston - Does this even need an explanation!? I think not.

This has become one of my comfort reads, a gorgeous, gentle, enchanting story. Just a lovely read.

We Were Liars, E Lockhart - If you know you know. No spoilers. 

The Hating Game, Sally Thorne - I've reread this book so many times that I can practically quote it. The scenes play out in my mind like I'm watching my favourite rom-com. I'd love to read it as I read it the first time - I definitely remember hugging the book at one point!

So there we have it! Have you read any of these? Which books made your lists this week? 










Comments

  1. Nice picks! Those are all new to me ones! though I might have read The Secret Garden as a kid...I can't remember though.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, The Secret Garden is a great pick! I could have sworn I recently read they were making another film of it.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wish-i-could-read-again-for-the-first-time/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I'd love to be able to read The Hating Game, We Were Liars and Crawdads for the first time again. They're all such great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the film of Guernsey but have yet to read the book. And yes, The Time Traveler's Wife book is so much better than the film, the film is AWFUL.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/08/24/top-ten-tuesday-330/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen GUERNSEY on a few lists today. I didn't love the book like so many other people have. I liked it, but it's not one I would re-read.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Secret Garden should have made my list but I didn't go back that many years! Thanks for sharing. My link is here: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/08/top-ten-tuesday-reread-for-first-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Guernsey book is on my list of books to re-read some day, but it'll definitely never be like the first time. Though the way my memory is lately, I may have forgotten enough of it by the time I re-read it that it'll be almost like new! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a wonderful book. There's something comforting about it.

    When you get the chance, I hope you stop over at my blog and take a read: https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-i-would-love-to-see-as-a-movie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read The Secret Garden when I was a child. It would be interesting to pick it up again. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You persuaded me to pick up Frenchman's Creek, thanks! I would love to read Rebecca as though for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment