Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've read the Most Books By

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl!

Today's Top Ten Tuesday prompt is Authors I've Read the Most By. To do this I sorted my Goodreads 'read' list by author and had a scroll through - there's a few obvious ones I would have missed completely if I'd done it from memory! We're going from most to least with the list here.


Enid Blyton - The author of my childhood. Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find Outers, the Faraway Tree, the list goes on. I still have my Blyton collection in pride of place on my shelves. 

Agatha Christie - The undisputed Queen of Crime. If ever I'm stuck for what to read next I always turn to Aunt Agatha. Poirot never lets me down.


Jane Austen - Because obviously. Pride and Prejudice is the tried and tested favourite, but I do have a soft spot for Northanger Abbey too!

Anthony Horowitz - Alex Rider, Sherlock, Bond - Horowitz has done them all. He's done some cracking TV work too (Foyle's War/Midsomer Murders anyone?) Anything this man writes I will read.


Daphne Du Maurier - One of my absolute favourites. I adore Daphne's writing style.

Jo Thomas - My go-to author for escapism. Each of her books is like a mini holiday. 


Elizabeth Chadwick - The author that got me into historical fiction. I own a lot more of her books than I've actually read but I'll get there one day! 

F. Scott Fitzgerald - I'm a sucker for the Roaring Twenties. The glitz, the glamour, the gorgeous writing. And Gatsby, obviously.


Ian Fleming - Controversial maybe but I'm a big James Bond fan - although the books are definitely products of their time. 

E.L James - Sorry not sorry. The stats don't lie!

What made your lists this week?

 

Comments

  1. Elizabeth Chadwick was on my list too! She's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca was certainly an all time favorite of mine. Nice list of authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything from Agatha Christie before. Which book of hers should I check out first?

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in for a treat! Murder on the Orient Express is a great place to start (unless you know the ending already?) Death on the Nile is great too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I need to check out Jo Thomas now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agatha Christie has been on several lists today and I've never read any of her books! I really want to though. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agatha Christie's on my list too.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness for Goodreads! I wouldn't have been able to make my list from memory.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did wonder about including Enid Blyton but to be honest I'm not sure how many of her books I *did* read as a child. I know I read a lot of Catherine Cookson and then Anne McCaffrey in the 90's too. I ended up sticking with author's I've read more recently as I can keep a more accurate figure for those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool list! I'd like to read more books by F. Scott Fitzgerald...


    My TTT list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m slowly working my way through Daphne du Maurier’s backlist. Someday I’ll read all of them. My Cousin Rachel is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frenchman's Creek is my favourite I think, but I've loved everything of hers that I've read!

      Delete

Post a Comment