Top Ten Books of 2018

It's that time of year again! I'm aware that I haven't blogged any near as much as I intended to this year (I do however regularly post on Instagram; if you're over there, give me a follow!) but that isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed some fantastic books! Narrowing them down to just ten was tricky, but without further ado, and in no particular order, here are some of my favourites from this year:


Caraval/Legendary by Stephanie Garber - Fanstasy isn't usually my thing but this series has me well and truly spellbound. I blame Dante.

Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton - Gossip Girl collides with Edith Wharton in a whirl of champagne and scandal.



Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier - I read Rebecca this year too but that one really disappointed me. This one however I loved!

Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell - If you like A Midsummer Night's Dream and/or the movie Shakespeare in Love then you'll love this! A fun and bawdy take on the Bard and Elizabethan London. 

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton - This one is just mind bending. Groundhog Day meets Cluedo with a splash of Downton.

Beatrice and Benedick by Marina Fiorato - A prequel/retelling of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing by one of my all time favourite historical authors. This one's been sitting on my shelves for years and I'm so glad I finally read it! 

The Stranger by Kate Riordan - An atmospheric and compelling tale of strangers thrown together by war in 1940s Cornwall.

A Winter Beneath the Stars by Jo Thomas - A cosy hot chocolate hug of a novel. Snow, reindeer and huskies, what more could you ask for?

The Betrayal by Kate Furnivall - My first read of the year, and a surprise favourite. A tense historical thriller that I could not put down. 

Edit: I've realised why I don't blog much anymore - html does my head in! If anyone has any cheats/tips/templates for hassle free blogging please send them my way; this post took waay longer than it should have done!

Comments